Saturday, December 30, 2006

last saturday of 2006

which started with a beautiful sunrise

but difficult to compose

I thought that was the last of the storm

so blue in the camera

and I started the macintosh computer


No bath for me today - the tub was occupied by the bag from my new trolley which had been soaking all night to loosen the filth



and I gave it a good scrub with LIDL washing up liquid, and washed it down and rinsed it inside and out





then I hung it up to drain









and finally hung up to dry above the storage heater
which got left off camera

And then I took the old trolley and went shopping for bread and cash back

it was already starting to rain when I got of the 97 bus
so I took the side door to get under cover in the market hall

no more crazy frogs this year in theis old style crane grab machine

and I climbed the stairs to the

upstairs butcher in the closed market hall in Chelmsley Wood

£5 a tray
Woolworths, AKA "Woolies" is imitating Argos
Shop for Cheap Childrens Toys, Garden Furniture and Kids Outdoor Toys - Woolworths.co.uk

F. W. Woolworth Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: "one of the original American five-and-dime stores. The first Woolworth's store was founded in 1878 by Frank Winfield Woolworth. Despite growing to be one of the largest retail chains in the world through most of the 20th century, competition led to a decline beginning in the 1980s"
Woolworths Group plc was the British unit of Woolworths, but has been separate since 1982.

and is along way from the 3d & 6d stores F. W. Woolworth I remember from more than sixty years ago
see this virtual museum

About Home 1800s 1910s 1920s 1930s WWII 1950s 1960s Recent History Map

to see myself as others see me
here on the security tv screen in Somerfield

surviving tree in Somerfield Chelsmsley Wood

and it was getting quite wet when I got of the bus and walked back to Merton House

after a lunch I took the 97 into town to the open air markets


on the bus with my "new" trolley
which fell over soon after

Braeburn apples are at their best and £1 a kilo

I said to the stall holder "I will come back when the pineapples are three for a pound"
so I got three for £1


and I got off the 97 bus at Kitts Green

BJS bingo comes to BIRMINGHAM click to see a sketch of the design
snapped from the loading bay at LIDL
http://www.bjs-bingo.co.uk/


after shopping for fish and cottage cheese in LIDL
I took the 97 home
still a day dreamer I missed my stop

and walked back up Bosworth Drive


which exposure or f number is best ?
- minimum above or maximum below


back on the seventh floor with the red bag full of green groceries
I had to buy a new tough LIDL bag to ride on top

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home